Friction Stir Welding Process Demonstration
This narrated video describes the solid-state process of friction stir welding technology as a plate is joined to a die casting to create a bubble-tight pressure vessel for a water-cooled electronics box.
Joining & Welding Videos
This model 300B, 110 metric ton (250K lbs max, 1100 kN max.) forge force inertia friction welder has a 2,000 max. RPM rating and can weld 80 mm to 190 mm diameter steel pistons for diesel engines in the trucking industry. This electric driven welder operates within a fully automated cell, where two robotic manipulators pick, inspect, reject, and load parts for welding and engraving; then transfer the completed parts for final processing to the oven and the exit conveyor.
- Model LS-1 FSW - Laboratory Research
- Friction Stir Welding Process Demonstration
- Model LS-1 FSW - For Drive Shafts
- Model LS-2 FSW - For Conduit Conductor End Plates
- Model RM-1 FSW - For Research and Education
- Model RM-3 FSW - For Research and Development
- Model RM-1 FSW - For Research and Development
- Model LS-1 FSW - For Marine Decking and Panels
- Model RM-2 FSW - For Research and Development
- Model GG-1 FSW - For Production Contract Welding Environment
- Model GG-7 FSW - For Railway Applications and Production Contract Welding